June 10, 2014
21st century, 21st Century Skills, CMS Summer Institute, Conferences, EdTech, Education, Educators, EOY, reflections, Teaching, twentyfirstcenturyskills
CCSS, CMSSI14, Education, EOY, EOY20132014, goals, projects, school
…MENTAL EXHAUSTION! Instead of blogging, I’ve been hitting the pavement exercising both running and cycling. However, this summer I will work on a life balance and factor blog writing in the equation.
Now that testing and the 2013-14 academic school is finally over, I can do some reflection and planing for the next school year. Some summer projects I would like to work on:
- Integration of fitness and nutrition with current CCSS math curriculum (especially since it a part of the health literacy component of the 21st century framework )
- Delve into the hype of Rasberry Pi and make “heads or tails” of it
- Decide to either use my Edmodo, Moodle or iTunes-U with my classes.
- Work on a EdTech publication! It’s time to share with the world all of the useful knowledge in my head
- Either dye or pluck out all of the gray hair from my head due to stress (just kidding)
I am planning to attend to CMS Summer Institute (#CMSSI14) for two weeks. I am a little excited about this conference and of course I will share my excitement here. Enough of my rambling, let me get back to boxing up my classroom…
Pack rat powers, activate!
August 31, 2013
EdTech, Flipped Classroom, Interactive, Internet, Math, Uncategorized
CCSS, Common core, EdTech, Math, mathematics
I gotta thank http://ccssmath.org/ for this list of resources for math educators. If you are deciding to front-load/flip your classroom, this is a great place to start.
I am familiar to approximately 98.6% of the list. So, this Labor Day weekend is a good time to explore!
- Class Zone
- K-5 Math Teaching Resources
- Khan Academy
- Kuta Software
- Henrico County Mathematics
- Illustrative Mathematics Project
- Learn Zillion
- Mathematics Assessment Project
- Mixing in Math
- NCTM Illuminations
- National Science Digital Library (NSDL)
- PBS Learning Media
- Purple Math
- Read Write Think
- Regents Prep
- Science Net Links
- Smithsonian Education
- Teach Engineering
- Ten Marks
- Texas Instruments
- Xpeditions by National Geographic
- XP Math